A sporty horse trailer with saddle storage, the Champion R does it with style! Choose between an English tack or Western tack model. Suited for horses up to 17h, a variety of accessories allow you to customize the trailer to meet your needs. Consider one of Böckmann’s many standard colours for your roof & front bow, add an external tie bar or folding mounting step. GVWR of 2400kg/5291lbs.Specifications
Trailers in Stock
The Champion R Western!
A Sporty horse trailer with the White Polyester Roof & Front Bow, Small Andalusian Decor and Rear Ramp-Door Combo. ARRIVED!!Anodized aluminum wall panels that keep the trailer cool; lower stall bar settings for typical QH, Arabs or gaited horses; great for heading to the trails, cattle sorting or barrel racing . Tack cupboard for 2 Western saddles. Two Horses - 16hds - 14'9" Total Length, 7'6" internal height, Dual Axle LTW: 215 Lbs (4% of GVWR) 14'9" Total Length, Straight Load , Two 31" wide stalls, 7'6" internal height
The 2023 Champion R Western!
A Sporty horse trailer with the Black Polyester Roof & Front Bow, Rear Door-Ramp Combo and Small Andalusian Decor. ARRIVED!!Anodized aluminum wall panels that keep the trailer cool; lower stall bar settings for typical QH, Arabs or gaited horses; great for heading to the trails, cattle sorting or barrel racing . Tack cupboard for 2 Western saddles. Two Horses - 16hds - 14'9" Total Length, 7'6" internal height, Dual Axle LTW: 215 Lbs (4% of GVWR) 14'9" Total Length, Straight Load , Two 31" wide stalls, 7'6" internal height
2023 Böckmann CHAMPION R - Arrived! 2 Horse - 17hds, Straight Load, Two 31" wide stalls, 7'6" Internal height, Silver Anodized Aluminum Wall & Floor, Galvanized steel frame and chassisTow with SUV; Dual Axle, Independent Braking System LTW: 215 Lbs, Light Horse Trailer SPORTY Royal Blue Polyester Roof & Front Bow, LARGE Jumper Decor, English tack
What Makes the Champion R Unique?
Compact horse trailers for horses to 17hh are found in the Champion R- English or Western models. Most riders own horses that are 17hh or smaller, and board their horses at a facility away from home. Using a mid-large size SUV as a commuter vehicle for work, lets you head to the trails, clinics or competitions with the Champion R. Offering Böckmann’s innovations in stall bar security and easy release, sturdy but lighter superstructures in long lasting, protected materials, the Champion R is a worthy investment!
The Champion R – English:
- chest bar positions at heights suitable for warmbloods (2 settings)
- English Saddle chest: 2 adjustable telescopic saddle racks
The Champion R- Western:
- chest bar positions are lowered to better accommodate breeds (2 settings), such as Quarter Horses, Gaited Horses, Paso-Finos, Arabs, Haflingers
- Western Saddlechest: 2 fixed position tubular formed racks for Western Saddles
|GVWR||Total Height||Total Width||Total Length||Internal Height||Internal Width||Internal Length||Head Space||Payload||LTW|
|Champion R (English/Western)||5291 lbs 2400 kg||9” 2730mm||7’ 2” 2200mm||14’9″ 4500mm||7’6” 2300mm||5’ 5” 1650mm||10’ 9” 3280mm||49” 1225mm||3300 lbs 1497 kg||211 lbs 96 kg|
- Aluminum floor: extruded click floor panels made from robust double web profiles. This keeps road heat away from horses feet and legs.
- Rubber mat is fully glued to floor and sealed to wall edges
- Locking North American 2″ couplers ensure you stay safely connected.
- The superior overrun brakingsystem stops every time without ever pushing the tow vehicle.
An assortment of Accessories are available for the Champion models:
At Factory Additions:
- Colours for your Roof/Front Bow – Choose from 6 metallic + white at no cost or from 8 non-metallic colours for a surcharge
- Coloured Polyester Fenders or Side Brace Covers in matching or contrasting colours to the Roof/Front Bow
- Decors: Large or Small size, exclusive to Böckmann by Jan Künster in Anthracite/Black, multi-coloured or Custom coloured
- Interior Blue/White Light at rear of horse stall (above ramp opening)
- Lockable Polyester Storm Flap above rear ramp
- Rear Door-Ramp Combination (converts rear ramp entry to step-up entry)
- Sliding windows in side roof (700x300mm)
- Air Vent in Roof
- Böckmann Exclusive Alloy Rims
- Coupler Cover: protects coupling for winter
- External Tie Bar/Saddle Rack
- Fold-able foal grill – to block space above rear ramp
- Full stall width bars – to create loose box for mare and foal
- Head Divider: Lattice or Solid Stallion Divider
- Mounting Step: fold-able attached to rear ramp
- Portable Feed Buckets + Mounts
- Rubber mat for under front feet – protects original rubber floor from pawing
- Stall bar padding for rear stall bars
- Sulky Holder on rear ramp
The Champion R has a galvanized steel chassis frame. The steel chassis secures the aluminum floor panels. Under the floor, there are longitudinal bars as well as cross-member pieces to provide the greatest strength.
The Champion R for has two 31” wide stalls + 7’6” internal height. The saddle chest sits in the nose of the trailer. Two tinted pop-out windows allow air to flow into the trailer. A hay ring centered in the roof and a bracket on top of the saddle chest offer different positions to tether hay bags or hay nets. Rings for trailer ties are found at the level of the chest bar. This allows the horses to lower their heads for balance and clear their sinuses.
Abbey loaded on a Champion Western
Champion Western Tack Cupboard
Stall View Champion R
Champion R carries Winners!
Although features can be added to trailers, there are standard features on Böckmann Horse Trailers.Böckmann Features