Portax K WCF
The Portax K ( Front Walk-Off trailer) brings versatility in a trailer to a whole new level. It is designed for the horse to 1.82m/18 hands. A hot-dipped galvanized steel chassis, with the World Class WCF suspension provides a larger trailer with the ultimate smooth ride. GVWR of 2400kg/5291lbs.Specifications
Trailers in Stock
What Makes the Portax K WCF Unique?
Trailering alone is simple with the unique front walk-off ramp of the Portax K! Sporting one full height person door on the left side and front exit ramp to the right, accessing your horse could not be easier! Add the versatility of the swinging stall panels that hang from the central post- allowing you to easily tack a horse on the trailer, add or remove shipping bandages or groom your horse. The icing on the trailer cake is the ability to simply switch from a rear ramp entry to a step-up with the pull of a pin! It is easy to see why this is the most popular Portax model sold in North America.
The new re-design has increased the internal space, provides a larger tack locker and a wider panoramic window positioned lower to reduce glare. A new magnetic stall panel holder assists keeps the rear panel to one side as you load your horse.
The entire trailer sits atop the elite WCF suspension, which keeps the road chatter where it belongs- at the level of the road, not bothering your horses legs. Use of suspension design from the automotive industry such as trailing arms, coil springs, rubber dampers and added gas shocks, sets Böckmann apart from other trailer brands. Added features for your horses include a roof vent to draw air into the trailer plus two sliding lateral windows and a rear storm canvas allowing you to adjust air flow. Side wall & divider panels are padded as are the chest bars, with trailer tie rings mounted at the chest bar bracket for ease of clearing sinuses – creating a comfortable travel stall. Hay net rings in the roof, a bright, wide airy horse stall with adjustable stall bar settings make the Portax K an easy ride for your horses!
Saddle storage is accessible from the left side of the trailer and offers a unique swivel-out saddle rack, for both English or Western saddles (you choose). Hooks on the door, broom with telescopic handle, shovel, stool, crop holder and internal cupboard light complete the kit.
- chest bar positions at heights suitable for warm bloods (2 settings)
- 1 full height groom door on the left
- 1 front walk-off ramp to the right
- rear stall settings with 3 positions adjusting stall length
- English/Western Saddle chest: Access from left side of trailer with 2 saddle racks, hooks, shovel, broom, stool, light
- Swiveling central stall divider
- Hay net rings in roof
|5291 lbs 2400 kg
|7’ 7” 2350mm
|5’ 9” 1750mm
|11’ 5” 3495mm
|2912 lbs 1321 kg
|211 lbs 96 kg
- Aluminum floor: extruded click floor panels made from robust double web profiles. This keeps road heat away from horses feet and legs.
- Rubber mat is fully glued to floor and sealed to wall edges
- Locking North American 2″ couplers ensure you stay safely connected.
- The superior overrun brakingsystem stops every time without ever pushing the tow vehicle.
An assortment of Accessories are available for the Portax K WCF models:
At Factory Additions:
- Colours for your Roof/Front Bow – Choose from 6 metallic + white at no cost or from 8 non-metallic colours for a surcharge
- Coloured Polyester Fenders or Side Brace Covers in matching or contrasting colours to the Roof/Front Bow
- Decors: Large or Small size, exclusive to Böckmann by Jan Künster in Anthracite/Black, multi-coloured or Custom coloured
- Interior Blue/White Light at rear of horse stall (above ramp opening)
- Lockable Aluminum Storm Flap above rear ramp
- Sliding windows in side roof (700x300mm)
- Böckmann Exclusive Alloy Rims
- Coupler Cover: protects coupling for winter
- External Tie Bar/Saddle Rack
- Foldable foal grill – to block space above rear ramp
- Full stall width bars – to create loose box for mare and foal
- Head Divider: Lattice or Solid Stallion Divider
- Mounting Step: foldable attached to rear ramp
- Stall bar padding for rear stall bars
- Sulky Holder on rear ramp
- Decors by Jan Künster
The Portax K has a galvanized steel chassis frame. The steel chassis secures the aluminum floor panels. Under the floor, there are longitudinal bars as well as cross-member pieces to provide the greatest strength.
The Portax K WCF for has two 33” wide stalls + 7’7” internal height. The saddle chest sits in the wide nose of the trailer and opens to the Driver side. Front walk off ramp to the right is easily accessed by each horse. For the Left side horse- push the front panel to the right wall, offering a wide space to cross the trailer and out the ramp. Air Vent + two sliding lateral windows allow air to flow into the trailer. A hay ring in the roof, in front of each horse stall, plus a bracket on top of the saddle chest offer different positions to tether hay bags or hay nets. Rings for trailer ties are found at the level of the chest bar. This allows the horses to lower their heads for balance and clear their sinuses.
Rear ramp entry – Front ramp exit
Plenty of room to work with your horses
Portable Feed/Water Buckets- now Standard
Switch to rear step-up when needed
Although features can be added to trailers, there are standard features on Böckmann Horse Trailers.Böckmann Features