Portax L SKA WCF
The Portax L SKA – the extended version of the regular Portax SKA . It is designed for the horse to 1.82m/18 hands, with an extra 2 feet ahead of the chest bar. A hot-dipped galvanized steel chassis, with the World Class WCF suspension provides a larger trailer with the ultimate smooth ride. GVWR of 2700kg/5952lbs.Specifications
Trailers in Stock
What Makes the Portax L SKA WCF Unique?
Like its regular size cousin, the Portax L SKA offers the largest tack cupboard of its style! With an extra 2′ feet between the chest bars and saddle storage cupboard, the L SKA model offers extra room for hay storage or a place to change in the trailer. Sit on folding chairs in this space on a rainy horse show day! Complete with two full height groom doors (on each side of the trailer) plus ! Add the versatility of the swinging stall panels that hang from the central post- allowing you to easily tack a horse on the trailer, add or remove shipping bandages or groom your horse. The icing on the trailer cake is the ability to simply switch from a rear ramp entry to a step-up with the pull of a pin! It is easy to see why this is the most popular Portax model sold in North America.
Added features of the L SKA model include: an additional rubber mat under the front feet for wear protection against pawing and road studs, portable water/feed buckets with mounting positions on the groom doors, and double lateral windows on each side
Saddle storage is accessible from both the left side of the trailer and inside the trailer . It offers a unique swivel-out saddle rack, for both English and western saddles. Hooks on the door, broom with telescopic handle, shovel, stool, crop holder and internal cupboard light complete the kit.
The Portax L SKA WCF
- additional rubber mat for wear protection under front feet
- chest bar positions at heights suitable for warm bloods (2 settings)
- double lateral sliding windows in each stall wall
- 1 full height groom door on the left
- 1 full height groom door on right
- two portable feed/water buckets
- rear stall settings with 3 positions adjusting stall length
- English/Western Saddle chest: Access from left side of trailer with 2 saddle racks, hooks, shovel, broom, stool, light
- Swivelling central stall divider
- Hay net rings in roof
|Type||GVWR||Total Height||Total Width||Total Length||Internal Height||Internal Width||Internal Length||Head Space||Payload||LTW|
|Portax LE/ LSKA/LK/LSR||5952 lbs 2700 kg||9’ 2" 2815mm||7’ 7” 2350mm||17’ 6” 5355mm||7’6” 2300mm||5’ 8” 1750mm||13’ 5” 4125mm||65” 1651mm||3197 lbs 1495 kg||238 lbs 108 kg|
- Aluminum floor: extruded click floor panels made from robust double web profiles. This keeps road heat away from horses feet and legs.
- Rubber mat is fully glued to floor and sealed to wall edges
- Locking North American 2″ couplers ensure you stay safely connected.
- The superior overrun brakingsystem stops every time without ever pushing the tow vehicle.
An assortment of Accessories are available for the Portax L SKA WCF models:
At Factory Additions:
- Colours for your Roof/Front Bow – Choose from 6 metallic + white at no cost or from 8 non-metallic colours for a surcharge
- Coloured Polyester Fenders or Side Brace Covers in matching or contrasting colours to the Roof/Front Bow
- Decors: Large or Small size, exclusive to Böckmann by Jan Künster in Anthracite/Black, multi-coloured or Custom coloured
- Interior Blue/White Light at rear of horse stall (above ramp opening)
- Lockable Aluminum Storm Flap above rear ramp
- Sliding windows in side roof (700x300mm)
- Böckmann Exclusive Alloy Rims
- Coupler Cover: protects coupling for winter
- External Tie Bar/Saddle Rack
- Foldable foal grill – to block space above rear ramp
- Full stall width bars – to create loose box for mare and foal
- Head Divider: Lattice or Solid Stallion Divider
- Mounting Step: foldable attached to rear ramp
- Stall bar padding for rear stall bars
- Sulky Holder on rear ramp
- Decors by Jan Künster
The Portax L SKA WCF has a galvanized steel chassis frame. The steel chassis secures the aluminum floor panels. Under the floor, there are longitudinal bars as well as cross-member pieces to provide the greatest strength.
The Portax L SKA WCF for has two 33” wide stalls + 7’7” internal height. The saddle chest sits in the wide nose of the trailer and opens to the Driver side. Two groom doors – one on each side of the trailer. Air Vent + two sliding lateral windows in each wall, allows air to flow into the trailer. A hay ring on the side of each wall and bracket secures a hay net for each horse. An added bracket on top of the saddle chest offers another storage point. Rings for trailer ties are found at the level of the chest bar. This allows the horses to lower their heads for balance and clear their sinuses. Two portable feed/water buckets plus an additional rubber mat for wear protection are added comfort for your horses in transit.
Left Stall View
Right Stall View
Stall view from Right Side
Switch to rear step-up when needed
Although features can be added to trailers, there are standard features on Böckmann Horse Trailers.Böckmann Features